RELEASE BzrTools 0.14.0

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Jan 17 15:44:35 GMT 2007

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Marius Kruger wrote:
>> On 1/17/07, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>>> CHANGES:
>>>
>>> - - colordiff now has optional style checking for trailing whitespace and
>>>   spurious whitespace changes
>>>
>> I can't figure out how to enable this 'style checking for trailing
>> whitespace...'
>> Can you please explain how.
>>
>> thanks
>> marius
>>

> There seems to be 'bzr cdiff --check-style'.
>
> John
> =:->

Looking a little bit at the code, there seems to be a small redundancy.
Specifically, it does:
        old = [l[1:] for l in self._old_lines]
        new = [l[1:] for l in self._new_lines]
        ws_matched = self._matched_lines(self._old_lines,
                                         self._new_lines)

  ^^^ old and new don't seem to be used before they are replaced vvv

        old = [l[1:].rstrip() for l in self._old_lines]
        new = [l[1:].rstrip() for l in self._new_lines]
        no_ws_matched = self._matched_lines(old, new)

Also, I saw something else that I just wanted to discuss. Your warnings
are of the form:
'%d line(s) has spurious whitespace changes'

I thought when using 'line(s)' you actually default to the plural form
in the conjugation. Which would make it '%d line(s) have spurious
whitespace changes'.

I'm not positive, but since there is only 1 case that uses the singular,
and an infinite number of cases that use the plural.