bzr-svn 0.3

David Allouche david at allouche.net
Wed Jan 17 11:54:44 GMT 2007

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 19:38 +0100, David Allouche wrote:
> > Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
[...]
> > >    * Don't rely on listdir() kind results. Fixes imports of several
> > >      repositories. (#56647)
> > I'm curious about this bug. Can you tell me more?
> It turned out that the .kind member of dirents returned by
> svn.ra.get_dir2() is (semi-?)random when used against older Subversion
> servers. It would occasionally be 1 (svn.core.svn_node_file) even though
> the entry in question was a directory. This took me a while to track
> down. Instead, I've switched to always trying to open something as a
> directory and catching the appropriate exception that indicates it's a
> file.

That's very interesting. A number of Launchpad imports fail in a not-deterministic way with "failed REPORT". Currently I just classify those failures as "unreliable server", but I was puzzled by a pattern I noticed: the failures did not happen in a really random way.

It might be the same bug.

Thank you for your other answers. I would very much like if you could notify me when you encounter weird bugs like this (or like the "need to escape control chars in commit log for bzrlib" bug) as launchpad-cscvs and svn2bzr _will_ have the same problems.

--
                                                            -- ddaa