[RFC] make _parse_revision_str a first class function

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Tue Jan 16 17:56:21 GMT 2007

On (16/01/07 09:54), John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I would be okay with making '_parse_revision_str' a public function.
> Though it might make more sense to put it in bzrlib/revisionspec.py,
> since it always returns a RevisionSpec object.
>
> However, I have to wonder why:
> bzrlib.revisionspec.RevisionSpec.from_string() is insufficient for what
> you need.
>
> The only difference is that _parse_revision_spec handles ranges. So you
> can do "X..Y", rather than only supporting a single "X".

Again, I apologise for proposing something when the solution wasn't
there.

The truth is I hadn't looked hard enough to find that method, I had just
looked what --revision used and copied that.

The method you propose is even better for me, becuase I error out anyway
if the revision spec has more than one revision.

Thanks for the help John,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256