Bazaar as Subversion replacement

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Tue Jan 16 17:20:01 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko wrote:

> Nicholas Allen пишет:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you may remember I was evaluating Bazaar as a replacement for our
>> existing Subversion repository a while ago. Bazaar's development model,
>> features and ease of use would definitely be of benefit to us. However,
>> there were a few issues that Bazaar does not currently handle as well as
>> Subversion and which prevent us from migrating:
>>
>> 1 No line ending styles for text files (so Bazaar cannot really be used
>> for multi platform development)
>>

> I confirm this problem. I also encounter this problem in past months
> with my co-worker who primarily use Linux.
> I have some ideas to implement support for line-endings and explicit
> encodings of file content but it's require many hard works but apparently
> I have not so much free time apart of my daily job.
> So I cannot promise about March 2007.
It's an interesting project and I would also be interested in helping
out but I also get very little time to work on projects in my spare time....

>> 5 Olive: No easy way to see differences in a graphical diff program such
>> as Beyond Compare.
>>
> Do you mean that you need the way to show diff in some external program?
> It's should not be to hard to implement.

Yes that is what we need. This is not really a problem as we could even
add this feature ourselves as it is so simple. So out of all my original
list the only one that does not seem to have any near term solution is
the line ending styles. Unfortunately for us, this is the main reason we
cannot migrate to bzr...