[RFC] export filters

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Sun Jan 14 19:51:05 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 00:34:13 +0000, James Westby wrote:
> I am thinking of extending this feature to use a configurable filter of
> what goes in the .orig.tar.gz (or rather what is left out). I was going
> to have a space(?) separated list of pathspecs that would be blown away.
> This seems fine as long as they are relative and don't contain "..".
> However I am not convinced that will be useful, and it would be easy
> enough to do as a hook when I get round to writing hook support.

As long as you do it on the python level, I'd think filtering the inventory
would be best thing. Ie. the bzrlib.export.export takes a tree as the first
argument. If you call it from a plugin directly, you can take the
RevisionTree, remove the entries you don't want from it's inventory (not sure
whether you have to copy it) and pass it to export.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>