bzr, pycurl, and self-signed certs?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Jan 4 18:09:17 GMT 2007

    Jan> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 02:17:47AM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
    >> Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
    >>
    >> > If you need a more supported approach, voice your wish ;)
    >> >
    >> > I put that approach on the back burner but may give it another
    >> > try if others than me need it.
    >> >

    >> I wish :-)
    >>
    >> Migrating from cvs+pserver (ick!) to bzr, would like to host all the
    >> repository behind https on a self-signed cert.

    Jan> It would be nice if bzr could have a list of trusted
    Jan> certificates in the config file and whenever accessing
    Jan> site with self-signed certificate, ask for confirmation
    Jan> (printing fingerprint and info) and than add that
    Jan> certificate to the list. Ie. similar to how eg. ssh
    Jan> works.

I'm unsure about that. http clients I know of either provide an
option to accept self-certified hosts (for command-line ones) or
propose to consult many more details than just fingerprint and
info (for the browsers I know).

So far, the threads mentioned previously* are what I will base my
work on, but I'm open to discussions.

     Vincent

* Updated because the bazaar-ng -> bazaar redirection appears to
  broke the references (that may need to be addressed though):

 https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2006q3/thread.html#16325
 https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2006q4/thread.html#19123

are the correct pointers for :

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar-ng/2006q3/thread.html#16263
  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar-ng/2006q4/thread.html#19069

Am I using the wrong source to give references to old emails in
the list ?