using bzr with many small Python modules, forgetful person, and version numbers

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Jan 4 00:47:17 GMT 2007

Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> [...]
>> okay, I will give that a try.  Originally I was hoping to use my
>> standard Web server (Cherokee) but it seems to have problems with bzr
>
> Would you mind elaborating on this?  The bzr HTTP smart server is a WSGI
> application, so it ought to work just fine with e.g. the FastCGI handler + and a
> FastCGI WSGI server.  I'd be curious to know about the problems you're having,
> in case it's an issue with the Bazaar side of things I'm not aware of.
>
> I'd also like to be able to expand the Bazaar documentation to include examples
> of configuring an HTTP server with more than just Apache, so if we can figure
> out the right magic for Cherokee, we can document it for the next user.
>
> -Andrew.

I think it is more the fact that Cherokee doesn't do range support quite
right. Though I thought we worked through most of the issues with the
Cherokee people (though they may not have released a new version yet).
Regardless, Vincent has made good strides towards falling back to
simpler behavior based on errors we get.

So I think Cherokee should be viable for him, but I would be interested
to hear if he is still having problems.