[MERGE] Bugfix #68124: Allow import plugins from zip archives

Aaron Bentley aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 2 19:17:23 GMT 2007

Jan Hudec wrote:
>>I don't know why os.path.split('a/b/c') works on Windows, but I assume
>>it's Windows-specific compatibility code.
>

> Because '/' *is* valid path separator on windows.

That's as may be, but it doesn't make sense for a platform to have two
separators.  The only reason I can imagine why '/' is a separator on
win32 is for compatibility with programs originated on *nix.

>>Certainly, it behaves differently on Windows vs Unix:

> Sure. Because on unix '\\' is a legal character in filename.

Yes, I know that.  The point is that if we expect uniform behavior, we
should not use os.split, because it's platform-dependent.

Aaron