Getting bazaar vs. getting hg
diwaker.lists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 03:18:32 GMT 2006
This is for a regular, source tarball installation. I'm not thinking
about package managers and such.
1. Go to http://bazaar-vcs.org/
2. Click "Get"
3. Click "Installing from source tarballs ..."
4. Click on the link to the tarball
Total 4 clicks. 5 if you chose "Installing on Linux and Unix" in step
3. BTW, I think making this distinction between installing on linux
and installing from a source tarball is just plain confusing. It
should instead be something like "Managed installation -- installers
for windows and packages for Linux" and "Source installations"
1. Go to http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/
2. Click on the source tarball
Total clicks: 2
Infact when I head to the Mercurial page, the link for the tarball is
ALWAYS one of the first things that catches my eye. I think thats
great and would love the Bazaar website to do something similar.
Just my 2c,
More information about the bazaar