progress on tags

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Dec 21 07:04:42 GMT 2006

On 15 Dec 2006, "Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote:

> Haven't heard a whole lot on the progress on tags,
> is there any?

I talked to John and Robert about a tradeoff that satisfied concerns
about the schemes that were prototyped or discussed.

Basically it is that a tag dictionary is stored with the branch object,
and seen by operations in the context of that branch.  Modifying the
tags does not make a new revision.  The tags normally propagate when the
branch is pushed or pulled, but this can be overridden.

I had hoped to do it this week but have been spending my development time on
cleaning up and speeding up diff instead.  So perhaps after xmas.

If someone else is really keen to work on it we can talk and
collaborate.

--
Martin