loggerhead: alternative web front-end

Robey Pointer robey at lag.net
Wed Dec 20 00:22:27 GMT 2006

On 17 Dec 2006, at 12:52, Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:

> On Saturday 16 December 2006 01:09, you (Robey Pointer) wrote:
>
> [...]
>>> * In history pages, in order to permit a better browsing I shows
>>> also the
>>> following information:
>>>   - merge points
>>>   - the possible heads ( think about a branch in the future)
>>> (
>>> http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar-dev/bzr-sha1?
>>> cmd=changelog;otherrevid=;rev=john%40arbash-
>>> meinel.com-20060817133350-22c93d5770f97d1b;pathrevid=;path= )
>>
>> I saw this in the code, but didn't understand it.  Are those the
>> merge points of the latest revision in the history?  (It made sense
>> to me to show merge points and merged-from points in individual
>> revisions, but I couldn't figure out what it meant for a history to
>> have a merge point, unless it's just the latest revision's merge
>> point.)
>
> These links should help the browsing up and down the history. If
> fact these
> represent every possible point of merge of every branches of the
> latest
> showed revision.

I put the merged-in and merged-from info into the revision details
block ("show all" on the changes page).

I guess "possible heads" would be an interesting addition.  Wouldn't
"possible heads" be any revision that isn't a parent of another
revision?  And therefore would include the heads of any other
branches sharing the same repository?  Or is that the point?

(I've been learning a lot about how bazaar's revision structure works
as I hacked on this, so this is all pretty new to me.  I'm not
entirely sure I understand it completely yet.)

>>> * In the diff, it is no so obvious that the green lines are the
>>> added lines
>>> and the red lines are the removed lines; is it possible to add
>>> the '+'
>>> and '-' simbol at the begin of the lines ?
>>
>> What if I added a key at the top, like trac uses?  (It lists which
>> color means what.)
>
> Do you know that some people are  "color-blind" ? :-)
> Seriously, addign key helps. However I prefer the adding of a "+"
> and a "-".
> But it seems that I am alone :-(...

I'm color-blind, so I sympathize.  It could be that part of the
reason the colors are disliked is that I picked colors that look good
only to a color-blind person. :)  (I've done that before.)  If you
have colors that look better, I'm happy to try them.

I think having side-by-side diff may help, too.

robey