loggerhead: alternative web front-end

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Dec 19 02:53:11 GMT 2006

On 18/12/2006, at 7:52am, Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:

> This was a topic already discussed with the git folks: see
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar-ng/2006q4/018685.html.
> I agree that a SHA1 sum is better and I posted a patch. But it
> nedded a bit of
> work.

I agree that we should go that way too, when we can have a good
transition.
>>> * In the diff, it is no so obvious that the green lines are the
>>> added lines
>>> and the red lines are the removed lines; is it possible to add
>>> the '+'
>>> and '-' simbol at the begin of the lines ?
>>
>> What if I added a key at the top, like trac uses?  (It lists which
>> color means what.)
>
> Do you know that some people are  "color-blind" ? :-)

Including at least one bzr developer

> Seriously, addign key helps. However I prefer the adding of a "+"
> and a "-".
> But it seems that I am alone :-(...

See eg

  http://colorfilter.wickline.org/?a=1;l=9;j=1;u=www.lag.net/bzr.dev/
revision/pqm%40pqm.ubuntu.com-20061216093635-ef3d14265a8a8b6b%
3Fstart_revid%3Dpqm%2540pqm.ubuntu.com-20061216093635-
ef3d14265a8a8b6b;t=d

I think the numbers are pretty clear, but perhaps we want also a
traditional unidiff option.

--
Martin