[MERGE] KnitIndex tests/fixes/optimizations

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Dec 18 21:55:11 GMT 2006

Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:

> Updated version of my KnitIndex changes (updates mostly based on John's
> comments).

This is an update to Dmitry's changes. Basically, I just merged it into
the latest bzr.dev, resolved a couple of conflicts versus the things
I've been doing in the same area, and then removed some of the
whitespace changes. They aren't strictly necessary, and it was making
the diff difficult to review.

There are still a few places that are a little confusing in the diff,
mostly because of spurious matches (the try: lines, and the else: lines
are famous for being accidentally matched).

I can definitely see Aaron's point that we might want to change patience
diff to only consider a line unique if it is unique without whitespace.

However, there is another small problem, in that patience diff is
recursive, so even if a line isn't unique at global scope, it could be
unique in a narrower view.

Anyway, here's to hoping that this can get quickly reviewed and merged...