Feature request: New options to 'brz inventory'

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Dec 12 17:51:43 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 19:15 +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
> I find using a lot:
>
>    bzr inventory
>
> to check which files are currently version controlled. However when
> I'm in a subdirectorory, the output of 'bzr inventory' shows
> path names that are relative to the root of .bzr
>
> I would like to see couple of options:
>
>    * to show paths relative to the current directory
>
>    bzr --relative inventory
>
>    * to see version controlled files from current directory down only.
>
>    bzr --relative --current inventory

You might also want to look into 'bzr ls', which might be more amenable
to doing what you would like. I believe it already prints relative paths
unless you supply "bzr ls --from-root". You can also supply parameters
for what you want included

 "bzr ls --versioned --null | xargs -0 ???"

Also you can do 'bzr ls --ignored' or 'bzr ls --unknown'.

In the future you should be able to do 'bzr ls --added', etc.

But certainly you can also do 'bzr added' if you want to just see the
files that have been added. I'm not sure if 'bzr modified' exists as a
command. The goal was to start moving those commands into 'bzr ls', so
that you could keep all of the options like --null, without having to
add them to 20 different commands.