Proxy not used in bzr 0.13 ?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Thu Dec 7 08:51:42 GMT 2006

>>>>> "david" == David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

    david> Hi,
    david>    I've just upgraded to bzr 0.13 from the officiel ubuntu
    david> package, and any operation on http repositories fail because of
    david> DNS errors. I never had any problem before.

AFAIK the proxy handling have not changed...

    david>    I am behind a proxy (which is set correctly in environment
    david> variables http_proxy and https_proxy), and also, this may be
    david> important, the name resolution is done on the proxy, in the sense
    david> that I have no DNS server set on my workstation. If a command
    david> does not use the proxy setting, I cannot use it (eg ping
    david> google.com won't work).

That makes your bug 74759 far clearer.

    david>    I thought http_proxy was enough for bzr to work, at
    david> least with http based repositories ?

It should. Obviously you triggered a bug due to your unusual setup.

Can we met on IRC ?

   Vincent