git and bzr

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Thu Nov 30 12:36:23 GMT 2006

I also have a basic question about git regarding its content tracking
and merging.

Does this mean if I have, for example, a large C++ file with a bunch of
methods in it and I move one of the methods from the bottom of the file
to the top and in another branch someone makes a change to that method
that when I merge their changes git will merge their changes into the
method at the top of the file where I have moved it?

If so that would be really quite impressive!

Cheers,

Nick