[RFC] switch --relocate (Was: Re: What to do if VC-ROOT changes after checkout?)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Nov 28 13:42:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 09:04:58PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Wouter van Heyst, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 07:23:52PM -0600, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> >
> > That would be consistent with CVS (of course, whether that's a
> > plus or a minus...  ;)
>
> I never found that particular aspect of cvs update very unconfusing.
> (How many negatives are we at yet?)

One too many, I think.  I always found that a pretty reasonable place
to put it; update moves your working tree (or a part thereof) to a
different revision (insofar as that means anything in CVS, of course),
and the head of another branch is just a new revision.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net