Pathetic performance with large files

MDK mdk at mdk.am
Thu Nov 16 08:01:56 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm new to bzr, and I very much like the ideas behind it. However, I'm
currently having a big problem trying to setup a rather large
(private) repository. The tree consists of several small text files
and a few large (~70 - 140MB) binary ones -- totalling around 700MB.

It seems that operations such as "checkout" or "commit" (local or
remote) take around (2.5 * repository size) of memory. With repository
of 700MB, that easily brings any machine to it's knees -- locking the
whole workstation, swapping in and out for 2h.

Is there anything I can do now to improve the situation, or are there
any plans to improve support for large repos?

--
Michael.