[MERGE] alias to respect spaces in quoted arguments

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 03:58:03 GMT 2006

On 10/31/06, Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> wrote:

> It would actually be better to have a non-blackbox test that only ran
> get_alias directly; you'll need to make sure of how to set up the
> right configuration for the scope of this call which may be slightly
> complicated.  Since we identified the unicode problem we should test
> unicode handling too.

Hi,
I was up for the challenge to write a non-blackbox test, but I ran into some
troubles:
It seems that the GlobalConfiguration gets read every time it is required.
Should it not be read once (lazily) and be kept in memory?
The reason this is problem for me is, that I can't modify the configuration
which will be loaded by the get_alias method (in commands.py), since it read
anew
every time its called, and I don't really want to modify the conf file for
this
non-blackbox test.

I also think it should be possible to set branch specific aliases,
where the branch specific one over-rides the global one.
I'll look into supporting this, If thats ok.

regards
Marius

--

I code therefore I am.