Report from running bzr diff with difftools and tkdiff

Stephen Ward sward.dev at verizon.net
Fri Nov 10 12:46:05 GMT 2006

Hi John,

I have a couple of questions about the 2nd, more complete patch for the
interactions between the bzr_difftools plugin and lazy_import.

1. why get rid of the "from bzrlib.errors import BzrError" from one file
(externtool.py), but leave it in another (__init__.py)?

2. why didn't you also get rid of remaining function imports in __init__.py,
such as:

  from bzrlib.commands import register_command
  from bzrlib.transport import get_transport

  Wouldn't these also pose some risk as lazy_import is more widely used?  Or
  are these in areas that aren't likely to ever be lazy_imported?

These aren't criticisms; I'm happy that you took the time to make these
changes.  I just want to make sure I understand them, and particularly I want
to make sure that we've fixed the problem completely.

Thanks,

Steve