Report from running bzr diff with difftools and tkdiff

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Nov 9 14:06:21 GMT 2006

Stephen Ward wrote:
> I get the same error with bzr 0.12 using other diff tools, so it isn't
> specific to tkdiff.  So far, I haven't been able to reproduce this with any
> case that diffs against something in the current working tree, only with
> diffs between two old revisions.
>
> Seems to be an interaction w/ lazy_import, in this case with mkdtemp from
> bzrlib.osutils.
>
> I'll take a closer look at this later today.
>
> -- Steve

Someone is doing 'from bzrlib.osutils import mkdtemp' rather than doing:
from bzrlib import osutils

osutils.mkdtemp()

The problem is that it is creating to bindings to an ImportReplacer
object, and then when it is accessed, it only is aware of one name to be
replaced.

I haven't found any way to get an update so that 'x = y' gives any
information to 'y', which I could use to add 'x' to the list of
associated names.

We decided to not proxy requests (as in, after replacement the replacer
object could just pass requests down the line), because the whole point
of these is they have 0 overhead after the first request.

Thanks for the bug report. I should have a patch out quickly.