[PING][MERGE] help topics

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at tiscalinet.it
Mon Nov 6 21:17:17 GMT 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 21:57, you (Goffredo Baroncelli) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the enclosed patch was written by me and John Arbash with some modifications
> suggested by Richard Wilbur.

[...]
> If the patch will be accepted, I will add
> the "transports topic" also...

Enclosed the patch mentioned above; the transports description should be
improved :-).

$ ./bzr help transport

Supported transport protocols:
--------------------------
  Transport: http://, https+pycurl://, http+pycurl://, https://
    http client transport using pycurl

    PyCurl is a Python binding to the C "curl" multiprotocol client.

    This transport can be significantly faster than the builtin Python client.
    Advantages include: DNS caching, connection keepalive, and ability to
    set headers to allow caching.

  Transport: sftp://
    Transport implementation for SFTP access.

  Transport: <default>, file://
    This is the transport agent for local filesystem access.

  Transport: bzr://
    Connection to smart server over plain tcp.

    This is essentially just a factory to get 'RemoteTransport(url,
        SmartTCPClientMedium).

  Transport: aftp://, ftp://
    This is the transport agent for ftp:// access.

  Transport: memory://
    This is an in memory file system for transient data storage.

  Transport: http://, http+urllib://, https://, https+urllib://
    Python urllib transport for http and https.

  Transport: bzr+ssh://
    Connection to smart server over SSH.

    This is essentially just a factory to get 'RemoteTransport(url,
        SmartSSHClientMedium).