[MERGE] Prettier docs with kid

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Nov 7 23:56:40 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 18:41 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Robert Collins wrote:
> >> ways

> > I'd rather we had one makefile and different outputs, or a variable to
> > control it in the one makefile.
>
> Currently, there's a single rule that describes how to produce a .htm
> from from an .rst.  How would you suggest changing that?

Have two rules, both including a variable substitution. IIRC its:

%.htm${NOT_PRETTY_DOCS}: %.rst

%.htm${NOT_OTHER_DOCS}: %.rst

foo.htm is only defined when one of these variables is set to ''.

We can use the ordering the rules file I think too, but I think this is
cleaner.

You can set one of the variables from the other too with a little logic.

-Rob