VCS comparison table

John Yates jyates at netezza.com
Fri Oct 27 17:47:50 BST 2006

On Friday 2006-10-27 J. Bruce Fields wrote:

> The best SCM in the world isn't much use if I can't convince my
> coworkers to learn the thing.

One of the things I have found most challenging about bzr has been
trying to infer the "model" from the commands.  Even following this
list has not given me confidence that I have correctly teased it out.

I find this list of git commands terrifying:

   http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/

That terror is mitigated by the existence of this discussion section:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/#Discussion

I would dearly love to see an equivalent description for bzr.

/john