Possible downside to PQM or ChangeIntegrator?

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Fri Oct 27 14:18:01 BST 2006

I just thought of a way the change integrator could work in this
situation. If it always merged each revision from the developer's branch
as a separate revision into the trunk but only ran the compilation stage
after all revisions had been separately merged and only pushed to the
official trunk if all changes as a whole compiled. This could mean that
individual commits on the trunk may not compile but by the time they
make it onto the official trunk as a whole they would.

This would mean that every commit a developer made to his trunk would be
represented by one merged commit on the official trunk.

It would be nice if every commit on the trunk was not "wrapped" in a
commit by the change integrator. Since the change integrator commit
would wrap one commit by one developer it would be nice if that
developer's commit just appeared on the official trunk with no mention
of the change integrator. But I guess this would not be possible would it?

Cheers,

Nicholas Allen