VCS comparison table

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 25 13:41:23 BST 2006

Erik Bågfors wrote:

> Creates the picture you can see at
> http://erik.bagfors.nu/bzr-plugins/dotrepo.png

Looking at this picture, I found a very annoying thing with bzr's
revids: For commits from the same author on the same day, they don't
differ in the beginning, making all of them, at a glance, look the same.
I got a headache just trying to figure out how to read them. It might be
worth looking into in the future, especially if you decide to show them
to the users.

Perhaps it's just my git eyes being used to seeing the first 4 chars
(which is all I normally look at) being different for each different
commit, but having to look up the near-end of the string to find the
actual difference in bzr's revids was actually a quite painful experience.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se