VCS comparison table

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Oct 24 01:38:34 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 07:26:57PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 04:24:30PM -0700 I heard the voice of
> Linus Torvalds, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > The problem? How do you show a commit that is _common_ to two
> > branches, but has different revision names in them?
>
> Why would you?

I beg your pardon; that was awful ambiguous of me.  I meant "In such a
case, where the whole purpose of what you're doing is to you're look
at multiple branches to see relationships between them, why WOULD you
be using branch-local identifiers for revisions at all?"

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net