VCS comparison table

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 01:09:51 BST 2006

On 10/21/06, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at osdl.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> >
> > bzr is a fully decentralized VCS. I've read this thread for quite some
> > time now and I really cannot understand why people come to this
> > conclusion.
>
> Even the bzr people agree, so what's not to understand?

The use of the word "decentralized".

When I think centralized, I think "all users must commit to a central
repo/branch".  In this sense bzr is 100% fully decentralized.  You are
free to commit to a none-central branch.

What I mean is that it's fully decentralized, but it may have a bias
to the usage of a central branch/repo.

/Erik
google talk/jabber. zindar at gmail.com
SIP-phones: sip:erik_bagfors at gizmoproject.com