VCS comparison table

Jakub Narebski jnareb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 18:03:57 BST 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> AIUI, that's not what Tim  wants.  He wants to intermix files from
> different repos in the same directory.
>
> i.e.
>
> project/file-1
> project/file-2
> project/.git-1
> project/.git-2
>
> So file-1 would be in the .git-1 repository, but file-2 would be
> in the .git-2 repository.

Possible (as I said), although it would screw up automatic repository
detection. So you would have to say "git --git-dir=.git-1 commit -a"
or "GIT_DIR=.git-2 git log -p; git diff; ...", i.e. specify repo
for each command.

Of course you would have to hide repositories from each other,
and probably it would be better to hide files provided by other
repository.
--
Jakub Narebski
Poland