VCS comparison table

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Sat Oct 21 13:30:27 BST 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:05:35AM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Tim Webster wrote:
> > Also svn does not allow files in the same directory to live in
> > multiple repos
>
> It would surprise me if many SCMs that support atomic commit also
> support intermixing files from multiple repos in the same directory.

In fact I think svk would. You would have to switch them by setting
an environment variable, but it's probably doable. That is because
unlike other version control systems, it does not store the information
about checkout in the checkout, but in the central directory and that
can be set. I don't know git well enough to tell whether git could do
the same by setting GIT_DIR.