[ANNOUNCE] Example Cogito Addon - cogito-bundle

Linus Torvalds torvalds at osdl.org
Fri Oct 20 18:18:44 BST 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> All solutions have disadvantages.  We prefer the disadvantages that come
> from using file-ids over the disadvantages that come from using
> content-based rename detection.

That's fine, but please don't call the git rename handling "maybe" or
"partial", like a lot of people seem to do.

Git _definitely_ handles renames, both in everyday life and when merging.
Some people may not like how it's done, but other (I'll say "equally
informed", even though obviously I know better ;) people really don't like
the way bzr or others do their rename handling.

			Linus