[MERGE] alias to respect spaces in quoted arguments

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:45:53 BST 2006

Hi
thanks for the review, you will make a proper python coder of me yet.

I am happy to make the changes...
One problem with your suggestion though:
*Note: The shlex module currently does not support Unicode input.
(http://docs.python.org/dev/lib/module-shlex.html)
*so I don't know if I should use that, as I see that we get the strings as
unicode.

In regards with the test case, I am also willing...
but I have not looked at it yet, maybe you could point me in the right
direction
as to where to add it and where to look for setting up configuration data
for the tests..

(the original bundle has a bug in it in any case so don't merge it. it still
added an empty item in the list, which causes extra argunents to be ignored
for some reason.)

On 10/20/06, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I think the desire is reasonable, but the implementation can be
> improved.  Python comes with a shell-like parser already: shlex.split.
> It preserves whitespace in quoted text.  So it would be good to use that
> instead.
>
> Please also include a test case to ensure that the behaviour you want
> will not regress.  I can help you write that up, if you're not familiar
> with it.
>
> Aaron

The source is strong in this one.