BZR deleting files after a pull

Martin Nickolas marty at tibra.com.au
Wed Oct 18 07:40:42 BST 2006

Hi,

I think we've seen this bug a couple of times now but this time we may
have a bit more information about it.

I had locally modified files when I did a pull (there were definitely
changes to be pulled) and got the following output:
C:\src\trunk>bzr pull
Using saved location: sftp://myusername:mypassword@devserver/home/bzr/trunk/
Connected (version 1.99, client OpenSSH_3.9p1)
Authentication (password) successful!
Secsh channel 1 opened.
Opened sftp connection (server version 3)
bzr: ERROR: [Errno 22] Invalid argument:
u'C:/src/trunk/consoleXiClient/main.cpp'

Then I did another pull (not sure if this is relevant) and got the
following output:
C:\src\trunk>bzr pull
Using saved location: sftp://myusername:mypassword@devserver/home/bzr/trunk/
Connected (version 1.99, client OpenSSH_3.9p1)
Authentication (password) successful!
Secsh channel 1 opened.
Opened sftp connection (server version 3)
0 revision(s) pulled.

Then I did a bzr status and it reported that a whole lot of files were
removed!! I think it was every file that had been updated since my last
successful pull!! Fortunately this didn't result in me loosing work
cause no one else had modified the files I'd been working -- last time I
had this problem that was not the case :(.

I *think* I have seen exactly the same problem before (with BZR 0.10)
though last time I didn't notice the:
bzr: ERROR: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: ...
But that was probably because last time I didn't even notice that files
had been deleted till well after I did the pull.

Additionally:
- I had no local modifications to the file
C:/src/trunk/consoleXiClient/main.cpp.
- Other people had made modifications to that file -- I was hoping to
pull their changes.
- I'm not sure if BZR pulls files alphabetically but
C:/src/trunk/consoleXiClient/main.cpp was probably the first file
alphabetically in our repo that had changes when I tried to pull.

Anyway, Bzr version is:
C:\src\trunk>bzr --version
Bazaar (bzr) 0.11.0

And I'm on windows, obviously, though 'devserver' was running linux.

Has anyone seen anything like this before, or know what might be going on?

Thanks,

CYA