[BUG] 3780 'bzr ignore' in subdirectory should prepend relative path

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 04:00:34 BST 2006

John,

I am working on code for bug 3780 and have a question:  How would you
recommend I reconcile the changes with what has happened on the
baseline?

I branched my local bzr.dev from the main repository on 11 Oct 2006 with
2071 revisions.  (I'm not sure that means I have revision 2071 as
recorded in the commits mailing list.)

My development for this bug fix has happened on a local branch
(giveback) from my local bzr.dev branch.

I just ran the full test suite (as far as I know):
~/bzr/giveback$ ./bzr selftest
       bzr: /home/rwilbur/bzr/giveback/bzr
    bzrlib: /home/rwilbur/bzr/giveback/bzrlib

running tests...
...tests.test_sftp_transport.SSHVendorConnection.test_connection_paramiko: ERROR
bzrlib.tests.blackbox.test_serve.TestBzrServe.test_bzr_connect_to_bzr_ssh: ERROR

I expect this is either a configuration or pre-existing problem as my
unchanged branch exhibits the same two regressions.

Should I:
~/bzr/bzr.dev$ bzr pull; cd ../giveback
~/bzr/giveback$ bzr merge ~/bzr/bzr.dev; cd ..
[..fix any merge collisions..]
~/bzr$ bzr diff -p1 bzr.dev giveback >patch_bug3780.txt

Sincerely,

Richard