Newbie questions

Andrew Bennetts andrew at canonical.com
Wed Oct 11 15:50:55 BST 2006

Lachlan Patrick wrote:
[...]
> >> 1. bzr whoami doesn't need real email addresses does it?
> >>    I mean, it doesn't actually send emails, it's just a
> >>    globally unique identifier right?
>
> Actually, a new question relating to this. I wish to push my locally
> created repository to an sftp location on the web. It tries to log me
> in, but the login name on the remote location differs from my local
> identity (which in turn differs from bzr whoami). How do I set the
> remote login name to use?

As Erik says, you can include it in the URL.

Alternatively, install OpenSSH (if you haven't already), because bzr will use it
by default use that to establish the SFTP connection[1].  OpenSSH lets you
configure things like remote user name per host.  For instance, my ~/.ssh/config
contains lines like:

        Host bazaar.launchpad.net
                User = spiv

-Andrew.