Newbie questions

Lachlan Patrick loki at research.canon.com.au
Wed Oct 11 08:30:54 BST 2006

Lachlan Patrick wrote:
> Hi, sorry, I have some newbie questions:
>
> 1. bzr whoami doesn't need real email addresses does it?
>    I mean, it doesn't actually send emails, it's just a
>    globally unique identifier right?
>
> 2. bzr remove filename gives me an error saying the file
>    isn't versioned. I had previously typed bzr init, and
>    all the files in all subdirectories got added, then I
>    typed bzr commit -m "version 1", which worked, so why
>    can't I now remove one of those files?

Sorry, my mistake, item 2 isn't an error, ignore that one.

I'm trying to put several versions of software (stored in tarballs) into
a bzr repository in order. I'm trying to replicate what changed in each
version so that the bzr repository stores an accurate history, but I
just got some things wrong. I guess in general I should add new files
then remove old ones, but actually I want each new version to be
atomically different.

Loki