Bazaar slides online

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Oct 10 02:26:52 BST 2006

On  9 Oct 2006, Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm giving a talk on Decentralied VCS with an emphasis on Bazaar next
> Thursday[1]. My slides are online under a creative common licence:
>
>   http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/slides/bzr/
>
> The intended audience is mostly researchers in computer science, i.e.
> interested in theory, and with usually very bad habits (the fact that
> I insist a lot on the notion of backup has to do with the fact that
> our students usually realize their importance _after_ having lost
> months of work, more than with the relationship between a VCS and a
> backup system for example).

That looks good.  Enjoy your trip.

> It's probably a bad idea to reuse the slides as-they-are with
> beginners in computer science, but some parts and ideas can still be
> of interest.
>
> Comments are welcome (especially before Thursday ;-) ).

I have thought for a while that it would be interesting to require
students to submit their programming assignments through Bazaar -- then
you can see if they really did develop it over time, if they worked in a
systematic way, and if large chunks of code mysteriously appeared ex
nihilio (possibly indicating cheating).

--
Martin