[MERGE] Transport.get_directory is undefined

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Oct 4 03:48:47 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 12:06 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Aaron Bentley wrote:

> I feel like Robert is overengineering things a little bit. Because he is
> trying to make a feature of transports consistent, which is actually
> quite inconsistent by the nature of the transports. And shouldn't be
> something that we rely upon.

Well I think there are only three things in practice that can happen:
fail on open, fail on read, and return junk data.

I think making the API explicit about this is a good idea because it
makes it clear to people using the API about how it can go wrong, and
because we can write test scenarios for these three cases where we use a
transport from a higher level.

-Rob