Interested in Participating

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 02:04:06 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 10:41 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I have to agree with Mattheiu that we are always happy to get reports
> from people on a different platform. We *do* want it to work everywhere.
>
> We are more than happy to have you around. What pieces of the puzzle are
> you interested in? If you are just looking for something to play with,
> feel free to email me, or join us on irc.freenode.net channel #bzr. I'll
> be happy to give you some direction.
>
> There is always the TODO file in source. Though most of our real
> tracking is done through the bug tracker:
> https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+bugs
>
> But there is a lot of info there, so I'm happy to simplify it a bit to
> make it easy for you to get started.
>
> John
> =:->

John,

I am taking you up on your offer of direction/simplification.  I can
tell there is a good quantity of code involved from reading the patches
and merge bundles on this list.  I haven't had time to also read the
code base, yet, but I am getting some idea of the structure.  I haven't
been able to map the structure back to the bugs in Malone/Launchpad or
the wiki the specifications for new features.

Do you have any ideas for good starter projects?  From the bug lists and
specifications I can see some things that look big and others that look
small.  I don't know which are under active development, though, and I
can't think of a great reason to duplicate effort.

Thanks,

Richard