Windows standalone installer and Plugins

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at alice.it
Thu Sep 28 19:30:37 BST 2006

http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar-dev/bazaar-webserve-dev?cmd=revision;revid=ghigo%40venice-20060927165646-b7651fddec843ba2
> > please give me a feedback

> OK. That's fine.

> 'bzr webserve' runs OK and provides a local mini-webserver to explore the
> repository it was invoked from, by default.
>
> That's the problem I reported and it is fixed. Issue closed.

Thank you for your quckly report.

> BUT...
>
> I think that 'bzr webserve' does NOT invoke the new class that you had to
> write for hgwebdir? As a Windows user can I help you test this? I think that
> the revised code is only run by the  cgi_start_webserve_dir(config) method,
> which is triggered out of webserve-dir.cgi - is that correct? Is
> webserve-dir.cgi only used by apache, or can it be configured into your own
> webserve listener?

Your analysis is correct,

> If you can give me a REALLY simple set of instructions to try this WITHOUT
> INSTALLING APACHE then I would be happy to test it for you.

Ok, try to pull from
http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar/repo/dir-webserve/

If you want to browse the source you can go to
http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bazaar/dir-webserve.

This _experimental_ branch is a webserve branch that adds a new command:
dir-webserve. You can serve multiple branches passing the same file which
should be passed to the "webserve-dir.cgi" cgi.

Example:

$ bzr dir-webserve --help
usage: bzr dir-webserve CONFIGFILE

(From plugin "webserve")

Start the webserver

  --fileserver
  -h, --help       show help message
  --address=ARG
  --errorlog=ARG
  --acceslog=ARG
  --ipv6
  --port=ARG

$ bzr dir-webserve bazaar-webserve-dir.config

the go to http://127.0.0.1:8088/

The config file should be prepared as described in the README. Enclose my
config file which should be taken as example.

NOTE:

- the documentation of this feature is incomplete
- I am not sure if I want to add a similar command to the "standard" webserve
plugin

> Best wishes -
>
> deejay
Goffredo