Interested in Participating

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Sep 28 16:41:23 BST 2006

Richard Wilbur wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am interested in joining the Bazaar development effort and have been
> enjoying the discussion on this list since I joined yesterday.
>
> What is de rigueur for development platform?  The latest updated stable
> Ubuntu release (Dapper) or the bleeding edge development (Edgy)?  I have
> Python 2.4.3 installed.  Is new development relying on, preferring,
> accommodating, or ignoring new features of Python 2.5?  (Do we have a
> general policy dealing with new language or module releases on which we
> depend?)  Any other packages needed above and beyond the base Ubuntu
> release (besides a branch of the latest bzr.dev tree)?
>
> I read Documentation -> Misc -> BzrGivingBack and, as it claims to be
> out of date, I would be happy to bring it up to date if someone could
> suggest a more authoritative source of information.  Since it is the
> most obvious guide, making it current would be a boon to new developers.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Richard Wilbur

I have to agree with Mattheiu that we are always happy to get reports
from people on a different platform. We *do* want it to work everywhere.

We are more than happy to have you around. What pieces of the puzzle are
you interested in? If you are just looking for something to play with,
feel free to email me, or join us on irc.freenode.net channel #bzr. I'll
be happy to give you some direction.

There is always the TODO file in source. Though most of our real
tracking is done through the bug tracker:
https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+bugs

But there is a lot of info there, so I'm happy to simplify it a bit to
make it easy for you to get started.