Windows standalone installer and Plugins

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Sep 26 10:44:56 BST 2006

DeeJay пишет:
> Apologies for providing my own follow-up, but it may save others wasting
> time providing an answer.
>
> Yes, plugins DO work with the Windows installer version of bzr!
>
> bzrtools looked 'broken' because I unwittingly downloaded v0.11.0 of the
> plugin to use on my v0.10.0 installation of bzr!
>
> webserve has a little problem of its own that I will talk directly to
> the author about. But basically it works.

I check webserve with current bzr.exe 0.11rc1 and indeed there is the
problem with loading this plugin.

Problem details:

hgweb.py try to import standard module ConfigParser that was not bundled
into bzr.exe because bzr itself use another parser for config files
(ConfigObj).

To resolve this problem there is 2 ways:

1) Author of webserve (Goffredo Baroncelli) may switch to use ConfigObj
2) I can bundle ConfigParser to bzr.exe explicitly.

First variant require to change webserve codebase.
Second variant require to make small changes in bzr.dev 'make installer'
process.

I prefer variant 1, mostly because 0.11 already frozen and this changes
is late.

But I'm waiting for other opinions.

--
Alexander