0.12 development cycle starts now

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Sep 25 06:24:30 BST 2006

So with 0.11rc1 out the door, bzr.dev is now open for normal
development. John has expressed interest in being release manager for
this, and I think its a great idea to have the knowledge spread around :
so I heartily endorse this, and also think it would be good to have
every committer (i.e. Aaron at this point) do one too. Martin seems
agreeable to this too.

I think the schedule for 0.11 worked very well, so I encourage the same
again : 3 weeks of open development, 1 week in deep freeze, then the rc
comes out and a week later the final release.

Cheers,
Rob