bzr <cmd> help -- Synopsis syntax should follow de facto conventions

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Sep 21 16:48:18 BST 2006

Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> In normal manpage parlance:
>
> usage: bzr checkout [BRANCH_LOCATION [TO_LOCATION]]
>
> D.

Well, all of our optional parameters are this way. As in they are still
100% positional, and I don't know of any core commands that change
position meaning. (I believe at one time I wrote a plugin that did, but
I didn't really like it).

So we could rewrite the help generator to always use nested braces. I'm
not sure if that helps a lot, but we can discuss it a bit.