reverse merge....

David Allouche david at allouche.net
Thu Sep 21 16:33:49 BST 2006

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> And now, I'm wondering if this all could be available as an option for
> "switch". Indeed, switch makes another revision the current one, and
> "discards" other revisions (not that it deletes them, but the working
> tree doesn't reference them anymore). It could optionally keep these
> revisions as pending merges.

When I discussed "switch" with Robert Collins, he said that it should do
something like that when switching a heavy checkout. I do not remember
the specifics, I never quite understood the intended semantics of heavy
checkouts.

In any case, I want to keep the current functionality of switch for
light checkouts, I use it every day.

--
                                                            -- ddaa