push + bind in a single operation ?

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Mon Sep 18 17:52:22 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to make my collegues use bzr for projects we work on. It's
not easy, they still send me their files by email, but it's on the
way ;-).

One thing is that we're all working on private machines (mostly
laptops), so we need to publish our branches. Still, we're working
online most of the time, so bound branches are the solution.

Once I've set up my archive, I tell them to

1) bzr branch
2) bzr push sftp://public-machine.com/path/to/branch
3) bzr bind !$

But I'm wondering how to make it _even_ simpler by making 2+3 a single
command. Probably this could be

  bzr push --bind sftp://public-machine/path/to/branch

Indeed, we already have "branch + bind" as the single command
"checkout", so it doesn't seem irreasonable to have the dual.

--
Matthieu