[PING][MERGE] help topics

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Sep 15 22:58:21 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 13:46 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> The attached patch was written by Goffredo and updated by myself. It
> adds help topics to the bzr help system. So you can type 'bzr help
> topics' to get a list of topics. And 'bzr help revisionspec' to get the
> currently registered revision specs.

This seems mostly reasonable. I have a few nits.

Firstly the use of two dictionaries seems like its crying out for a
single dictionary with objects in it.

Secondly, the help strings for revspec are mostly non-pep8 - they are
missing the gap after the first line, which I think is a good discpline
for help readability as it ensures a meanginful summary has been
created.

It needs a NEWS entry. And perhaps mention in the intro to bzr in the
tutorial or documentation.

+0.5 right now - I dont think its ready yet. If these points are fixed,
then I'm happy to upgrade that to +1 without another roundtrip for
review. I'd like to see us get in the habit of including NEWS and
documentation in the first [MERGE] that is put up for a branch - if its
going to need it, its going to need it.

Rob