[merge] fix bug 59835

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Sep 11 17:33:31 BST 2006

Vincent Ladeuil wrote a patch to help with this bug:
https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+bug/59835

It seems reasonable to bring it in. I'm not sure that there is much we
can do for testing. I think it is 'has()' with an incorrect host. (so it
is actually a ConnectionError).

IIRC it only happens with Weave formats, because they use 'has()' for
some of the repository copying code (because if not has() then copy the
weave directly, else Weave.join()).

Knits don't run into this problem, but it should still be fixed.

The only thing I might change with the patch is trying to actually
interpret the URL error, and raise either a
TransportError/ConnectionError/etc. But that requires some testing to
figure out what errors we are actually getting, and how they can be
interpreted.

I would be fine just bringing this in as is, because it at least lets us
start getting real errors, rather than bogus AttributeError.