[MERGE] Deprecate last-revision and pending_merges.

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Sep 8 01:08:23 BST 2006

On  7 Sep 2006, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> Honestly I think last_revision is the wrong name for both objects. Since
> for a Branch it means 'tip_revision' (so 'last' means the one that comes
> after all the others), but for a WorkingTree it means
> 'previous_revision' (so 'last' means the one just before this).

I do think 'basis_revision' is a bit clearer than 'previous_revision'
for a working tree, since it's what the user is basing their changes on.
We should hold that new name in reserve til we do the semantic changes
robert proposes.

I think renaming the branch one to tip_revision would be good.

--
Martin