[MERGE] avoids preexec_fn on win32

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Sep 7 21:40:46 BST 2006

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel пишет:
>> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>>
>>> After successfully applying your bundle to bzr.dev revno.1986 I got the
>>> same error with preexec_fn.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alexander
>>
>> I assume you only got those errors in the diff tests, and not in all the
>> rest of the tests. (You may have also gotten that error in some of the
>> gpg tests).
>
> Yes, it is.

> Your patch again seems incomplete a bit but only in the new introduced
> changes in gpg.py: you forgot to 'import sys' but try to use sys name
> later.
> This small issue leads to gpg tests failed because of error raised:

> ERROR: test_clears_progress (bzrlib.tests.test_gpg.TestCommandLine)

> Please, fix this.
>
> Also some blackbox tests broken because test expected to see output with
> LF line-endings but instead got CRLF endings on win32. I don't know is
> someone broke this part or this behaviour there was from old ages. But
> in 0.9 release there is no such failing tests (it was added by John
> Meinel in the end of August, as annotate says).

> In general this patch will get my +1.
>
> --
> Alexander

Thanks. I added the sys import, and I added a 'universal_newlines' flag
to run_bzr_subprocess, which will filter \r\n => \n if true.

The updated patch makes all of the gpg an subprocess tests pass the only
ones that are failing that I can see are the ones dealing with the $HOME
directory stuff, which I have a branch for working on it. I just got
sidetracked a lot this week.